It’s a busy, fast paced world now and we just don’t have time for the long version of things anymore. How many times have you started to read something, noticed how long it is and thought “just give me the short version”? Me? I think that a lot. I pretty much want the short version on everything. Unless, you are saying something really nice about me, then go ahead, take your time, let me let it all sink in…I might not hear something this good again for awhile.
So here are your 5 (even though there are more) Good Reasons to get that tune-up:
1) The #1 cause of furnace failure is DIRT. That’s right – you can do your part by changing your filters – every 3 months will do, but ONCE a MONTH will be even better. A trained technician also needs to do his part to clean things up a bit.
2) It SAVES YOU MONEY…properly maintaining your furnace will extend its life 3 to 5 years and will save you money on utilities. When it doesn’t have to work as hard to push warm air out, you save on your monthly bill.
3) A clean furnace makes for a cleaner home and cleaner breathing air. If you have dirt built up inside your furnace, then dirt is going to be what is blown into your home. Same goes for viruses, bacteria and fungus.
4) It keeps you safe…a technician will make sure your flue pipe or chimney is not obstructed by anything that would cause carbon monoxide to enter your home. They will also check your gas pilot safety system and safety circuits to make sure everything is working properly and ensure that your furnace will not explode.
5) It will save you time and keep you from being horribly inconvenienced. Let’s face it, if you choose not to have your furnace tuned-up, which is when any problems it is having will be caught and corrected, then when do you think it will go out? If you have my luck it will be on the coldest night of the year. Save yourself the headache and have any and all problems addressed before the cold sets in.
There are many more reasons to schedule a tune-up, but hopefully these highlights will help you to realize there is no downside to maintaining your system properly. Call Carmine’s today at 203-791-8089 to schedule your tune-up.