Who doesn’t love their Garbage Disposal? With just a flip of a switch all the left-over food in your sink it crushed up and washed away. What a marvelous invention! Unless, of course, you grind up something you did not wish to OR it stops working all together. There is nothing worse than having an appliance you use on a daily basis just stop working.
If you are a good do-it-yourselfer and have some experience with both electricity and plumbing you can probably replace a worn out garbage disposal without any problems. However, if you are the type of weekend warrior who typically ends up with an unfinished project and a bigger mess than when you started, go ahead and call us first. We can easily replace your disposal and have you grinding again in no time!
Fun Facts about Garbage Disposals:
- You clean them by grinding up Ice Cubes. You should actually do this once or twice a month – also freeze Vinegar in ice cubes and then grind them up – the Vinegar kills bacteria!
- You can freshen-up the smell of your Garbage Disposal (and sink) by grinding up Lemon Peels. I have also used Limes and while not as fresh smelling, it does the trick as well.
- ALWAYS use COLD WATER when your Disposal is on and turn off disposal BEFORE turning off water.
- It’s not that great to grind up potato peels, try to put most of them in the trash.
- 90% of the time a Garbage Disposal is not working it just needs to be reset. There is usually a Red or Black reset button on the bottom – just push it to reset.
Most “do-it-yourself” instructional websites classify installing a new garbage disposal as “moderately difficult” so don’t take any chances! If you are not confident in what you are doing call Carmine’s today 203-791-8089 and have a trained professional install that handy little device for you!