Do-it-yourself is really big right now with a lot of YouTube videos and advice from blogs and vlogs all over the place, but just because someone online tells you something is a simple fix and you can do it yourself, does not mean you should actually try it. You should ask yourself if it’s worth DIY or calling a professional plumber.
Plumbers typically go through years of training and apprenticeships before they are allowed to work in your home independently so you know you can trust the work that is being done. You also want to make sure the plumber is licensed and insured so you and your home are protected if something does go wrong on the job.
- Plumbers can recognize the true problem faster because of their expertise and with the help of their high-tech equipment.
- Their trucks are toolboxes and are fully stocked with everything needed for your repair job.
- They know which pipes and fixtures work best together in your home so you will not have to worry about future leaks and problems.
- Plumbers have specialized training in plumbing problems – not a broad-spectrum overview like a handyman
- Plumbers can maintain or assist you in maintaining your plumbing fixtures to prevent major problems.
A good DIY project requires minimal skills and specialty tools in order to complete the job. When you total up the amount of time you spend researching how to fix the problem, searching for the appropriate tools, purchasing the appropriate tools and then the time to actually fix it (fingers crossed that it is done correctly), it usually works out in your favor to just call the professionals in the first place.
- If a DIYer uses improper tools and/or does not have a proper seal they have just been set up for leak in their near future.
- You may spend major dollars buying parts and equipment that you will either never use again or you don’t really even need for this project and that is not even considering if you buy the wrong size in something and have to return it. That is time and money adding up when plumbers will know the right part the first time and already have it on their truck.
- Online guides and manuals don’t apply to every situation and cover every scenario. You may get started in the right direction and very quickly hit a roadblock that a vlog can’t talk you out of.
Carmine’s understands the value in doing things yourself and agrees there is a time and place for it, but when it comes to the majority of plumbing projects it is better to call in the professionals to ensure it is done properly. Call Carmine’s today 203-791-8089.