Got Heating Problems? There are ways to know things are about to go terribly wrong, or should I say get terribly cold in your home before your furnace actually stops working all together. Just like with your car or even your personal health, ignoring those nagging little signs could lead to bigger trouble down the road.
Here’s Your Sign…
- Something smells funny…a strange smell coming from your furnace is not normal. The smell of burnt dust is not the odor of a properly functioning heating system. If you happen to smell gas – get out of your home immediately and call for help. Don’t use your phone inside your house or turn on any lights – just get out – a small spark from anything could cause an explosion if you have a gas leak.
- Strange Sounds – All homes (especially older ones) have the occasional moans and groans, but if what you are hearing sounds like banging, clanging, grinding or popping let’s assume it is not the Ghost of Christmas Past – it is a problem with your heating system and you should call a professional as opposed to Ghost Busters.
- Your system won’t turn off or turns off and on frequently.
- If your fancy new thermostat tells you there is a problem, just believe it and seek help.
- Baby it’s cold inside….if you have your heat on and it’s blowing cold air…there’s your sign – a BIG, BIG sign.
Servicing your heating system is not a Do-it-yourself job, there are hundreds of mechanical and electrical parts, any one of which could be malfunctioning so call the professionals at Carmine’s today at 203-791-8089.
Happy Holidays Everyone!