Some WARNING SIGNS, it is time to replace that cranky old furnace…
- AGE– if your furnace is 16 – 20 years old, it is nearing the end of its life span. If it is more than 20 years old, start shopping for a new furnace now. You do not want to be shopping for a new furnace while you are freezing…that would make anyone question their choice…shop now. Don’t shop under duress, know what you need!
- Gas & Electric Bills going Up, Up, Up – if your utility bills are unusually high for this time of year it may mean your furnace has lost its ability to be efficient. It will now take it twice as long to produce the same amount of heat.
- Repairs – if you have started to make repairs on your furnace more frequently…the end is coming…and the parts may get harder and harder to find.
- Old Furnace, New Noises – Hearing banging, popping, rattling or squealing? Unless you have put some wild animals in the same place as your furnace, you have a problem!
- Feeling Unwell? – old furnaces can affect our your health 2 ways:
- 1) they stop being able to moisturize and clean the air in your home so you are left with dry noses, throats, and skin. Not to mention the dust, which flares the allergies.
- 2) carbon monoxide – this poisonous gas may be released into your home if your burner flame is yellow instead of blue and also if there is crack in the heat exchange
If any of these warning signs sound familiar to you, call Carmine’s today 203-791-8089! Let us help you find the perfect, more energy-efficient furnace for you.